Monday, August 23, 2010

Is Social Media Enough?

Listeners of the World,

One may wonder is social media enough of a marketing tool to only focus on Facebook, Twitter, linkedin, and etc or do you need more? That is a question that many small businesses and major marketing departments are asking themselves. I know because I have asked myself this question over and over again within the past few months.........and the verdict is still out!

Many small start-ups with little to no marketing budget have done wonders using just social media sites to create relationships and to promote their product. They have been able to create the same amount of audience that some companies have spent thousands to obtain. But the question is still there for if this is enough as they grow!

Now the bigger the business the bigger the NO on this question! It took a long time for many of the bigger businesses out there to even recognize social media as a marketing tool. Now they are creating positions just for social media (social media marketing, community manager, etc) to help keep their companies up with the latest online trends. But is this them phasing out other marketing strategies to focus in on social media?

The real answer is both depending on where you are at with your business! I think that only using social media while your business is starting up is a great idea to help save money and to help manage time. This way you can focus most of your time to building your brand and making relationships instead of investing money you don't have into different marketing schemes that don't work out. Once you have build your brand and actually started making money you can focus on hiring marketing firms, marketing associates, etc to help expand your brand!

In the end I think before you answer this question you should take a look at where you business is in the marketplace, because sometimes the answer will be yes and sometimes the answer will be no!

Your OurTown Superhero,

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Even I wanted to know about it. I just found a nice facebook ads management Los Angeles that is going to help in promoting my business on social media. I believe my business is going to get more traffic from social media only. Therefore, I need to promote and advertise my business there.

    ReplyDelete